dream knife server suggestions

• Hi, my name is Baka, I'm a pretty active player on the Dream Knife server. I was brainstorming around for some ideas on how to improve the server and these are only some rough ideas I've come up with. I'm not even sure if they're possible to implement but this thread is mainly to just get people's opinion from the whole community in general. It would be highly appreciated if you could leave your opinion down below and thank you for taking the time to read this thread.

My first suggestion is about a command that is currently disabled. The command is called !resetmyrank, the feature is pretty self explanatory. It basically resets your rank, kills, deaths and your KD. from my point of view, there's no reason as to why this feature should be disabled at the moment due to the recent rank system change but I do understand why it would be disabled, as at one point, the feature has major drawbacks, for example it's easily abused to target people and steal their points. Since you don't lose points anymore in the current ranking system, there's no major drawbacks as far as I know.

My second suggestion is about custom kill sounds. You hear a sound everytime you kill someone and instead of the normal kill sound from CS:GO, so I thought to myself, what if you could change that sound so it could be customised so long as the sounds are client sided.

edited by Doo Doo

• Hi baka,

Glad to see people coming up with (new) ideas.

I do not agree to put this function "! Resetrank" You come to play on the server, you keep your course, it is the community side, what you acquire you keep it.

After that if you really have good reason, it seems to me that you can ask a high ranking administrator to do it manually.

For the sounds that you propose, for my part, I'm more to say the least possible. Otherwise you do not hear people talking and anyway there will be no perfect sound for everyone. a lot of work for no great satisfaction.

Again this is only my personal opinion.

aX.

aXaX. 日本 - CSGO Knife --> 46.105.160.158:26667
    Dont't Worry, Be happy.

• Hey, there are reasons for keeping rankreset disabled. I efit my post later and explain why it will stay disabled.

The reason for not having custom kill sounds is that we try to keep downloadcontent for new players on a minimum. Even the playermodels that you can choose in stamm store are conetent every potential new player has to download before he can play on our server. The challenge is to keep downloadtime in moderate conditions and not to make players quit while downloading because it lasts to long

Liebe Grüße

MANATEE

76561198083663955.png

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Manatee ()

• Hello baka ,

Thank you for forwarding some suggestions onto our forum but I'll have to disagree on all of them you might ask yourself why? I'll get to that shortly.

First of all kicking things off is "!resetmyrank" it's not been implemented for a reason of people abusing it just to get more points when they kill someone, this kills the challenge of becoming #1 on the server as you're number #1 or #xyz for a reason and giving people ability to reset it would be a huge disadvantage as some people might use it to reset their KD and start again when they are better at knifing.

Secondly as Manatee already stated adding more sound effects to when you kill people will mean that people would have to download more server addons taking up more pc space ( might not be a lot but it loops over to the overall download time, which for a new person would be long enough already and stacking up more on top will be a overkill )

Thanks for sharing your opinion and I appreciate it for you reading my answer.

• First of all kicking things off is "!resetmyrank" it's not been implemented for a reason of people abusing it just to get more points when they kill someone (...)

Have you played on the server at some point in last two months? The ranking system doesn't work like this anymore. Since you don't lose points anymore when you get killed, I've decided to allow this feature.

The reason for not having custom kill sounds is that we try to keep downloadcontent for new players on a minimum.

Even though that is true, custom kill sounds are not really an issue, since they are only around 50-100 kB in size or already present on the hard drive because you can use some of the sounds that CS:GO comes with, like a bell sound for example. The actual reason that we can't implement this feature is that the plugin which we are using is not able to support more than one sound. I also can't find a plugin which has a menu and allows people to select their own sound.

We could make a plugin like this ourselves but it would take some effort to do so and we don't see the benefit since this feature will probably not be used a lot.

Thank you baka for suggesting things and trying to improve the server.