Hey. My name is Kyle and I am better well-known as Raven in and around the Dream community. You may remember me as I have previously been an Admin on Dream however I had the rank removed due to inactivity. I would firstly like to start off my application by apologising for taking on the role as an admin and not fulfilling the position in the way I was supposed to. Adding to that I would like to say that I am going to be playing everyday again and I would love to be accepted back into the team and have another chance to help support the server and it's community. So, I'll start off with the application.
Do I meet the requirements?
To my own belief, I meet the requirements fully and personally I think other players will support me on this.
One requirement which you may say I do not meet would be regular activity across the dream community. I would like to include that I have only recently started playing CSGO again so I haven't been on the forums and teamspeak a lot however I am going to be on both everyday from now on.
Information about me
As I said above, my name is Kyle and I go by the name 'Raven' throughout my online appearance.
I am currently 18 years old.
I live in the United Kingdom and therefore go by the timezone GMT 00:00.
Why do I want to join Dream's administrative team?
I have several reasons for why I would like to join the administrative team.
(1) A lot of players know me and as an admin I believe that I would be shown a great deal of respect by a lot of the community but I know that this is just an assumption and is likely to be untrue however I am prepared to have these sort of obstacles come my way.
(2) I have great passion for what I do as an adminstrator and always prioritise my role so that other things do not get in the way and distract/take me away from doing my job. I am naturally interested in helping and enjoy making other player's experiences the best they can be.
(3) I enjoy playing the server and therefore I am more motiviated to help and be online to play and support others. Whether that includes assisting them or just giving them a good experience and play, I enjoy doing it.
(4) Most of the time, I am able to identify languages from German and English which means I can stop players from talking in languages which they're not supposed to be talking in. As I did German for 3 years in senior school I can easily recognise it and can understand it to some extent.
(5) I'm not 100% sure of where other staff members are from however as I am from the UK I may be able to play at times when other admins are unavailable to be on. This can benefit the server by having staff member on and active throughout the day to stop cheaters, help players and just generally keep watch of it.
(6) I have full knowledge of the rules and am able to introduce new and existing players to rules which they do not know of. I can also ensure that the rules are enforced and that all player oblige by them.
How long have I been playing the Dream servers?
I have been a memeber of the Dream community since early 2016 and am quite a well-known player to most if not all players. There will of course be players that don't know me but I am not at all shy and can easily make friends with players on the server to gain great respect to up my reputation. As I said previously, I used to be an Admin in the Dream community but I was removed due to inactivity. I can assure you that this won't happen again and if I am ever to be taking time off I will inform whoever it must be. A lot has changed since I was inactive but I have adapted in the past few days and am aware of all new features of the server. During my time as an Admin, I made sure that I done my job correctly and kept the server a clean and great place to be. I passed my Test-admin period and gained my admin role also on the bunnyhop server.
I currently am on a two year football scholarship course where I am in 3-5 days a week and having training for at least 2 hours a day including matches on Wednesdays. The course envolves me completing coursework every week and I usually get 1-2 assignments weekly. I am studying currently for a BTEC level 3 extended sports deploma. Additionally, I also play football for another team on Tuesdays and Sundays. Due to these I would like to note that I have to complete coursework everyday so I may not be online for that reason. Alongside all this, I enjoy playing CSGO including the Dream servers, competitive and often just mucking around with my friends. Other than the listed hobbies, I do not do much more.
Do I think myself as mature?
I believe that I hold a great level of maturity not only in day-to-day life but also online. I make sure that I stay mature at all times by typing and speak without using slang words, swearing and poor grammar. Swearing is different and I try to avoid using it however in the rare cases I will. Maturity is a huge thing and it can be defined in many ways; I would like to say I personally believe that I can be mature in all situations.
Have I gained administrator experience before?
I have gained administrator experience before. As I already said, I used to be an admin on Dream and from that experience I gained a huge amount of knowledge. Besides my CSGO experience as an administrator, I have also had experience from other places such as Minecraft servers.
Timetable of my average week
(Please not that this is a rough timetable and my availablity may change day to day for reasons such as extra time on my hands, family occasions or if I'm just busy)
User 1 calls user 2 a "cunt" and proceeds to insult him further - what actions would you take?
In this scenario I would immediately warn User 1 and make them aware that they can't do that and I would ask them why they have done this. Following this if User 1 persists to insult user 2, I would take further action and apply a mute to User 1. If they complete the mute and come back, continuing to insult user 2 and or other players, I would take further action and temporarily ban the player for behaving inapropriately.
(1) I have good awareness and can see when a player needs help or is breaking the rules.
(2) I speak English and have some knowledge on German.
(3) I know and understand all the rules and am able to enfore them.
(4) I am not at all biased to anyone whether I like/dislike them. All players are equal and I do not use my power to protect anyone I like nor do I use my power to abuse players I dislike.
(5) I have played the server for a long time and have gained a large amount of respect from other players.
(6) I have had previous administrative experience on the Dream servers.
(1) Not fluent on German
Not able to think of anymore.
Conclusion / Closing remark
To finish I would just like to say thank you for reading my application and I hope that you can take my application into consideration even when thinking about the large amount of staff which have now been acquired by Dream. I am happy to recieve any feedback and it will all be appreciated.
Thanks and hopefully I can prove myself again.