Dear Dream community,
Hello, I’m an active player on the Dream 35hp knife server and I would like to apply to join the admin team. Unfortunately, I am dyslexic so I requested Doo Doo to help me type up this application.
- Yes, I do meet the requirements. I am at least 16 years old; I’m active on all three platforms (TS3, servers and the forums); I have above 17000 Stamm points; I own a pair of headphones and use my studio microphone; I don’t speak German, at all, but I would say I’m fluent in English; I can be assertive and mature as well as usually down to Earth by speaking in an appropriate style of language; respect will be given back when respect is due, nonetheless, I can keep it professional when needed and finally, I would say I’m very loyal to the community.
- My real name is Oliver and my in-game name is Baka/бдКд.
- I am 18 years old.
- I am a dedicated and active member of the community and as a person, I believe that there is always room for improvements. This gives me a drive to help make the community as best it can be. Therefore, joining the admin team has always been a thought in my head and now that I have fulfilled the requirements, I would like to give it a shot at becoming one.
- I am not 100% sure but I would say that I have been playing for at least two months. Checking on the player analytics, in the past 90 days, I have acquired 269 hours on Dream servers.
- To be honest, my main hobby is gaming as it has stuck with my basically throughout my whole life and I can’t really see it leaving anytime soon neither.
- I would say that I’m not immature, I don’t say stupid things and in general, I have respect for people around me as I believe that I’m also very sympathetic. Throughout my time on Dream, I think that I haven’t done anything that proves that I’m not mature. For example, I haven’t broken rules purposely, I haven’t got into any fights with admins but arguments have risen every now and then which in my opinion, is a sign of somewhat maturity as you are able to express your own opinion as well as accepting other people’s opinions.
- In all fairness, I have not really gained any administrative experience. However, I believe that I possess some administrative qualities mainly because most of my friends are admins, and a lot of qualities that they show whilst doing their admin job, I feel like, would be similar to what I would show. These qualities, for example, fairness whilst enforcing the rules shown by Doo Doo with his general rule of thumb being a warning, slay, kick and then eventually a ban. Also, if let’s say, someone had a complaint against me, I believe that I would be able to handle it maturely. Additionally, I can remain calm in a way that I can remain professional if for example, a player was verbally insulting me.
Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday
15:40-21:00 15:40-21:00 15:40-21:00 15:40-21:00 14:40-1:00 13:00-1:00 13:00-21:00
10. To begin with, I would ask User 1 politely to be respectful to other players which would be my warning. If the behaviour is continued after the warning, a 10-minute mute would be issued. After that, if continued, a 30-minute mute would then be given to User 1, leading to a ban depending on the severity of the insult.
11. My activity on the server would definitely be a strong strength of mine, averaging to around 5 hours a day. My English would also be another strength as I am fluent in it. My ambition to make improvements on the server would make me a dedicated, loyal and active admin that often thinks outside the box to introduce new ideas. I would like to say that I have a very sympathetic view to others which allows me to understand different scenarios. My honesty would be another strength as I believe that admins should be honest which allows them to build trust within the community and also build relationships.
12. My biggest weakness would probably be that I’m dyslexic but I have never let that stop me from reading or writing. For example, by using Google Translate, it helped you read and write as it has the function to translate speech to text, allowing me to make forum posts for example. Another obvious weakness is that I am unable to speak German.
Thank you to Doo Doo for helping me write this application. He has helped me purely to write this out in text, he has not helped me to write any of the content. This reflects only me as a person, only with better English and writing.
Thank you for taking your time to read my application and I’m looking forward to seeing your replies.